Tuesday 21 August 2012

The Collaborative Organization (Book review)

An excellent, pragmatic book for anyone concerned with Digital Strategy and particularly Social Media (Web.2/E2.0) Strategy. While presented as focusing on intra-organisational collaboration, I feel that doesn't do the book justice, since it also addresses customer-facing dimensions.

I particularly liked the maturity model and could see that being of great use for baselining and also developing an incremental route-map.  My only word of caution relates to the Framework for Feature Adoption - while it is useful, it is just one route-map and my experience suggests there is no 'one-size-fits all'; what is important is to work with the culture of the organisation and the primary business outcome you're aiming to achieve.

The book was an easy read, well structured and something I could see being dipped into time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment