I posed questions on the supplier appraisal approach but those questions have now been added to.
- How can a 'preferred partner' be added to one of those shortlisted after you've drawn up the shortlist?
- What happens if the new partnership is successful in winning all nine contracts and an objection is raised on the robustness of the process?
- Did the other bidders have an option of partnering with the Prison Service?
- How and when did this partnership emerge?
- Are there any precedents?
Lea, R., and Ford, R. 'Prison Service makes late bid to run private jails', The Times, 19 January, p.33.